Student Support Grants
Student Support Fund Criteria
The Student Support Fund aims to support TU Dublin students in the 20/21 academic year with a specific focus to address the challenges created by the Covid-19 pandemic. We are seeking projects or initiatives that create impact in the following areas:
- student engagement
- health and well-being
- new ways of teaching and learning
- career development
- or projects targeting specific groups of students who have been adversely affected by Covid-19
All projects must meet one of the following criteria:
- Close an inequality gap, ensuring a level playing field for students experiencing hardship, health challenges, a digital divide, or other challenges brought to the fore by Covid 19
- Meet an increase in demand for an existing service or activity for students at TU Dublin
- Fund an alteration of an existing service or activity (for example taking a service online) for students
- Offer a new innovative service or activity (encouraging innovation across campuses) for students at TU Dublin
Examples of projects funded could include: technology support activities, online health and well-being activities, adoption of new technologies for learning or engagement, mentoring or career development programmes, speaker series or new skills development.
All projects must:
- Clearly demonstrate a need and the added value the project will bring
- Outline a clear budget and timeline for delivery
- Have clearly defined intended results and targets
- Demonstrate an attempt to take a TU-wide approach with collaboration across campuses, or the potential to develop an idea that is applicable across campuses
- Projects must endeavour to address future sustainability beyond this funding if relevant
- Demonstrate capacity to deliver
- Take place in academic year 20/21
Who can apply?
Applications are welcome from schools, departments and functions across TU Dublin and including TU Dublin Students Union.
A fund of €30,000 was raised through the generous support of staff, alumni and friends at TU Dublin. The fund will have two strands:
- Seed Funding – up to €5,000 (e.g. 5 X €1,000 awards) of this fund will be allocated to seed fund new and innovative ideas at TU Dublin and to support the development of a proof of concept
- Growth Funding – up to €25,000 total fund will be allocated to supporting existing services that require funding to increase impact or enhance their service. It is envisaged that more than one project will be funded under this strand and projects seeking between €2,500 and €10,000 are encouraged.
Use of Funds
All projects must submit a budget on application. TU Dublin Foundation will work with the successful applicants to agree ‘when and where’ funds are required in order to ensure delivery of the project. Please ensure budgets are realistic and reasonable.
Examples of use of funds can include equipment, specialised services, technology, marketing materials, professional expertise, promotional activities
To ensure maximum impact across the University the student support fund will not fund individual students. Students in need of individual financial support should contact the financial aid office.
Application Process and Timeline
The Student Support Fund is open for applications between September 28th and October 19th at noon.
The application form is here and only online applications will be accepted.
Once the closing date has passed applications will be reviewed by a committee comprised of the TU Dublin Registrar and Deputy President (Chair), and representatives from the Students Union, Chaplaincy Services and TU Dublin Foundation. In the event of a split decision, the Chair will have the casting vote. We aim to announce successful projects in early November.
If you have any queries or would like further information please contact Anna by email: Anna.Mccarthy@TUDublin.ie