Microsoft OneDrive at TU Dublin is a cloud storage service included with Office 365. OneDrive offers 5 TB of storage where you can store, share, and sync your files.
OneDrive, as the name implies, is for ONEself; only you have access to any files stored in your OneDrive, unless you specifically share one or more files with one or more people. It is recommended that you share files from your OneDrive on a short-term basis only - it is not intended for a longer term share or collaboration.
- Access to 5TB of online cloud storage
- Available off campus using OneDrive app for iPhone or Android, or alterantively via portal.office.com
- Attach large files directly to emails
- Selectively sync files and folders to your local machine
- Collaborate on documents in real-time
- Restore files if you delete them by accident
- Access to version history, which allows you to restore an older version of a file
When to use OneDrive: If you don't plan on sharing the file at all or only with individuals on a short-term basis, or if you can’t find a shared space where they belong
Can anyone see my files? All files that you store in OneDrive are private, unless you specifically share them with one or more people
A user guide has been cerate to help you get started with One Drive
Further information: review the following guides from Microsoft on how to use OneDrive: