The Generation Google Scholarship for women in Computer Science in Ireland was established to help aspiring computer scientists excel in technology and become leaders in the field.
Selected students will receive a 5,000 EUR award for the duration of their undergraduate studies. A group of female undergraduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate's impact on diversity, demonstrated leadership, and academic background. The programme is open to qualified students who meet all the minimum qualifications. Women interested in computer science are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for the Generation Google Scholarship: for women in gaming, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as a first or second-year undergraduate student at a university in Ireland for the 2020-21 academic year.
- Intend to continue pursuing their Bachelor's degree at a university in Ireland for at least the 2021-2022 and 2022-23 academic years.
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field.
- Demonstrate a strong academic record.
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for improving the representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology.
More information about the Generation Google Scholarship is available here, and the deadline to apply is early December.