TU Dublin is supporting the Pieta House Darkness Into Light this year which is due to take place on Saturday, 8 May 2021.
Mental health and wellbeing are at the top of our agenda at the moment, and the TU Dublin community wish to do all we can to support Pieta House and their fundraising efforts at this time.
Remember, when you sign up for Darkness Into Light, you are not just helping to raise awareness of suicide and self-harm. You are helping to save lives.
Sign up here after reading our guide: https://www.darknessintolight.ie/fundraisers/TUDublinDIL
- Visit: https://www.darknessintolight.ie/fundraisers/TUDublinDIL
- Click 'JOIN US'
- Choose the 'Challenge'option and 'TUDublinDIL' as your organisation and get your own fundraising page link.
- Get your FREE DIL T-shirt by registering by midnight Sunday, 11 April
Set your own or your team challenge
- You can set your own challenge as an individual or in a team (with society/ club members/ friends/ colleagues/ alumni etc.)
- It could be a hike, a backyard challenge, a creative or funny challenge (e.g. fancy dress workouts) or even a quiz.
- And if you can't set a challenge, you could set your alarm very early and make that sunrise walk on 8th May - don't forget to send a pic!
- Pieta House, like many charities this year, is in need of extra help with fundraising.
- Let your friends and family know that you are doing a challenge for Pieta House, whether it's doing a hike, a creative or funny challenge, running a quiz or doing something else to fundraise, sending your DIL fundraising webpage link out wherever you can.
- If you are doing a challenge you have set yourself or your team, we want you, our fundraisers, to make a short video (up to one minute) of your challenge or event to promote, share and motivate each other.
- We can promote the video alongside the link to the fundraising page across social media.
You can do this at some point in April.
Tips & Advice
We will be giving tips and advice about fundraising in the lead up to the 8th May on our Instagram and Facebook page, and if you want to chat in more detail, please contact email@example.com or direct message our Instagram account, see below.
Receive a certificate
We will send participating individuals and groups a TU Dublin Darkness Into Light 2021 certificate for participating in this important student volunteering activity, the great effort to support Pieta House upon completion of the fundraising campaign.
Follow our Instagram & Facebook
We will post information about the campaign, about Pieta and mental health, how to look after your wellbeing and motivational messages on our Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TUDublinDIL and Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tudublinvolunteering/
Sunrise Walk, 8th May
Darkness Into Light culminates on Saturday, 8 May, and we hope you will be able to do the sunrise walk yourself or in your bubble and please send us a pic using the tag #TUDublinDIL