Following the provision of funding by Government and the HEA to make laptops available on long-term loan to students in particular need, TU Dublin has purchased laptops for students in the university.
Students who wish to apply for a laptop through this scheme can do so now, and laptops will be made available in the coming weeks. To date, we have lots of applications with many students receiving laptops, but there is still stock available for students that may urgently require a laptop for their studies.
The application form is available here - see below for eligibility criteria.
Who is eligible?
Full-time undergraduate and postgraduate students from 1st year to final year; and Part-time students on a full undergraduate or postgraduate programme who meet the criteria in categories 1 and 2 below:
- Economic Disadvantage (Low Household Income) – all applicants
Combined household income less than €49,840 – financial documentation required
HEAR/Access TU Dublin/Reach students and students who submit SUSI documentation indicating 100% grant (full fees paid by SUSI) do not have to submit financial supporting documentation.
- Students from one of the target groups identified in the National Plan for Equity of Access to Higher Education
- Students disadvantaged by Socio-economic barriers:
- Students who were in the Care of the State (TUSLA)
- Students who were homeless in the last 3 years
- Students who entered via access entry routes such as HEAR, Access TU Dublin/Reach
- Travellers and Roma Community
- Students with disabilities (students who entered via DARE or eligible to register with the disability service)
- Students who are lone parents
- Disadvantaged first-time mature students
- Disadvantaged students who are members of ethnic minorities
- Disadvantaged students who hold further education qualifications
- Other - i.e., I do not fit into these categories, but I have other socio-economic disadvantages not listed and can upload supporting documentation
- Non-EU fee-paying international students
- Incoming Erasmus students
- Part-time students taking single modules/courses which do not lead to a full award
You can apply for a laptop loan scheme here.