TU835 Planning & Environmental Management Honours Degree is Reviewed and Renewed
TU Dublin Environment & Planning are delighted to announce that the BSc (Hons) in Spatial Planning and Environmental Management (TU835) has been successfully reviewed by its Programme Team. The newly reviewed programme will be launched in September 2022.
TU835 was reviewed by a Panel, which included external industry and academic experts, who commended the programme for its innovation, relevance and its practical structure. The programme now includes the following core features: -
- An accredited work placement
- Studio and project modules in every semester of every year
- Additional field trips, for example the “Natural Environment Project” for Environmental Management students
- A final year civic engagement project for Spatial Planning students
- A dedicated week-long European Field Trip
- New course content in Climate Policy, Housing, Marine Spatial Planning, the Future of Cities and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Additional course content in communications and design skills
- A very active student society with a mixture of professional and social events
- The opportunity to stream into either of two career-focussed specialisations: Spatial Planning or Environmental Management
Recent feedback* from graduates and employers indicates that TU835 is a practical, applied and increasingly relevant course of study. TU835 is the only programme of its type in Ireland to offer an accredited work placement. Our School maintains a register of work placement providers. The vast majority of work placement students find employment quickly upon graduation, many of them with their work placement provider. Environment & Planning offers a real career path for students who are socially and environmentally aware and are also seeking a practical and applied programme of study.
The review makes sure the BSc (Hons) in Spatial Planning and Environmental Management (TU835) at TU Dublin continues to be the leading programme for career preparation in the increasingly important fields of spatial planning and environmental management.
Climate Change is a real planetary crisis for which we have an immediate responsibility. We know that many students are passionate about this but may not even realise that there are rewarding careers in the area. In fact, our own graduates have established highly successful and rewarding career paths. And now more than ever, we need new talented graduates in these critical fields.
You can learn more about the BSc (Hons) in Spatial Planning and Environmental Management (TU835) in this presentation. Check out life at TU Dublin Environment & Planning on Linked-In and Twitter, or visit our website at this link.
* 2021 TU835 Graduate Survey / 2022 Consultation with Industry and Government Stakeholders as part of TU835 Programme Review