Walk21 Ireland Programme and Speaker Line-up, 19-23 September 2022
Walk21, the global walking summit, will take place this September 19-23 in Dublin, Ireland.
The conference will bring together around 500 delegates and an incredible speaker line-up of over 60 experts, including practitioners, academics, planners, politicians and citizens, to celebrate the importance of walking and to re-imagine a world that is more liveable and sustainable.
Over five days, the packed programme will address this year’s theme, The Decade to Change, and will explore how supporting and encouraging walking can help deliver Sustainable Development Goal commitments by 2030. The programme incorporates plenary sessions and parallel workshops on high-profile subjects, including:
- Walking infrastructure/the built environment and accessibility
- Case studies from around the world
- Links between walking and well-being/mental health
- Relationships between transport providers and walking
View the full programme at http://walk21ireland.com/programme/
Walk21 has previously been held in locations including Rotterdam, Hong Kong and Seoul. In line with its sustainability objectives, delegates can choose to attend the conference in person or virtually. Registration information and details of ticket types are available at http://walk21ireland.com/registration/
Keynote speakers from Ireland include:
- Shane O’Mara, Professor of Experimental Brain Research at Trinity College, Dublin - the University of Dublin
- Ciarán Cuffe, Member of the European Parliament for Dublin with the Green Party
- Úna May is the Chief Executive Officer of Sport Ireland,
International speakers include:
- Rona Gibb, Senior Manager for the Community Paths, Policy and Communication teams at Paths for All (Scotland)
- Lake Sagaris, Professor of Planning and Community Development, Transport Engineering, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile (Chile)
- Charles Brown, Founder, Equitable Cities LLC (USA)
Review all speaker information at: http://walk21ireland.com/meet-the-speakers/
For further information on Walk 21, visit www.walk21.com and for the latest news and updates on this year’s conference, visit www.walk21ireland.com, join the conversation using #Walk21Ireland and follow Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook and Instagram.