Research Assistant/Senior Research Assistant in Fine Art
TU Dublin School of Creative Arts is seeking to appoint a Senior Research Assistant to work on the Erasmus + Creating Career stories – working online with art and media based methodology project.
The school is part of an international consortium investigating how artistic methodologies can deliver careers learning to Students in the creative arts. The school is leading an Intellectual Output called Points of Sharing. The successful candidate will work on the development of a series of 5 sessions that offer ways of implementing artistic, inclusive pedagogical methods and talk about ethical and inclusive pedagogical methodologies in the context of online delivery and career stories creation.
The ideal candidate will have an Undergraduate or Masters degree in Fine Art and will be a creative thinker, have excellent administrative and organisational skills with an interest in fine art pedagogy. They will have excellent skills in all Microsoft office applications, excellent written and verbal communication skills and have a knowledge of all online meeting platforms.
NB: This is a 9 month contract
- Report to Principal Investigator and Research Team Supervisors
- Contribute to all stages of the development of the points of sharing as required
- Conduct and communicate project research as required
- Conceptualise and communicate ideas through artistic methods; images, presentations, text, video, sculpture
- Work independently and under the guidance of the PI/academic staff as required
- Carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the PI.
- Manage time effectively to meet project deliverables.
- Actively comply with all TU Dublin policies and regulations, including those in relation to Research Ethics and Health and Safety.
- Some travel within the EU may be required, COVID-19 permitting.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the appropriate mix of knowledge, experience, skills, talent and abilities as outlined below:
- An undergraduate B.Sc./ BA (Hons) (NFQ level 8) in Fine Art or similar (Essential)
- Working knowledge of artistic research techniques. Effective written and verbal communication skills (essential)
- An MA/M.Sc in Fine Art or Visual Art or similar (desirable)
- Working knowledge of Fine Art research techniques (desirable)
- A Fine Art Portfolio demonstrating proficiency in the required areas above (desirable)
The successful candidate will have hands on experience in:
- Fine Art studio practices
- Fine art research practices
- Microsoft office applications
- Online meeting and learning platforms
Skills, talents & abilities
- The successful candidate will be highly skilled and motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills, administrative skills, time management and have the ability to undertake duties assigned and meet deadlines required.
The appointment will be made between Senior Research Assistant A, Point 1: €30,185 and Senior Research Assistant A, Point 3: €31,640 gross per annum pro rata (contract is for 8 months)
Interested parties should send a current CV and portfolio in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on June 24th, 2022.
For further information about this post please contact: barbara.knezevic@TUDublin.ie.
TU Dublin School of Creative Arts, Technological University Dublin, East Quad, Grangegorman, Dublin 7