Our Past

1890      Municipal School of Music founded by the Royal Irish Academy of Music at 58 South William Street, Dublin.  

 

Conservatoire Foundation Advert

1904      management transferred to City of Dublin Technical Education Committee

1908      moved to premises in Chatham Row  

1930      Vocational Education Act

1936      granting of diploma-awarding powers

1940      Certificate Examinations and Teachers' Diplomas introduced

1946      opening of the Library 

1954      drama classes introduced

1962      renamed ‘Dublin College of Music’

1978      becomes part of Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT)

1986      Bachelor of Music Education introduced, with Trinity College Dublin and the Royal Irish Academy of Music

1987      Graduate Diploma in Music introduced (now the BMus programme)

1987      Foundation Certificate in Music introduced

1992      DIT Act

1995      Diploma in Speech and Drama Studies introduced

1996      renamed ‘DIT Conservatory of Music and Drama’

2003      Master of Music (Performance) introduced

2005      Bachelor of Arts in Drama introduced

2006      Composition introduced at postgraduate level (MPhil)

2006      Irish Traditional Music introduced at postgraduate level (MMus)

2008      Jazz introduced at postgraduate level (MMus)

2011      Pop and Rock introduced at undergraduate level, in association with BIMM Dublin

2013      Conducting introduced at postgraduate level (MMus)

2019      School renamed TU Dublin Conservatoire

2021      TU Dublin Conservatoire moves to Grangegorman

 

Our Future

Grangegorman

East Quad