Transport and getting around
Over 90% of TU Dublin students use sustainable methods (public transport, walking or cycling) to get to college. You can use a number of these free apps to plan your journey and find your way.
- The Journey Planner App from Transport for Ireland provides journey planning, timetable and travel information from all licensed public transport providers across Ireland.
- The Real Time Ireland app integrates all real-time arrival information services from Dublin Bus, Bus Éireann, DART, Iarnród Éireann and Luas services.
- Leap Top-Up allows you to instantly top up your Leap Card, check your balance and collect tickets directly from your near-field-communication (NFC) device. Simply hold your Leap Card to the back of your NFC device and instantly check your balance, collect a pre-purchased ticket, or top up your Leap Card. Remember. If you have a Child Leap Card, you can use it until you turn 19, saving you loads of money.
- The Cycle Planner provides information on the best cycling routes in Dublin, based on individual cycling capabilities. If you’re new to cycling or getting out on the bike after a long break, the Cycle Planner will find a route that avoids both roads with heavy traffic and avoids difficult turns at busy junctions.
- Driver Check App allows taxi users to verify that the vehicle they’re about to hire has been correctly registered and the driver has the licence to operate the vehicle. It also lets you email a friend with your trip details.
There are also apps for Dublin Bus, Luas and Iarnród Éireann.
Don't forget if you are planning to use public transport wearing a face mask is mandatory!