Athlete Support Programme
'Our student-athletes and the people who support them are at the heart of everything we do'
The University has developed a strong reputation for fostering our athletes’ sporting and educational development, and has been awarded the Sport Ireland Institute Accreditation for Student Athlete Support (ASAS), which recognises good practice in ‘dual career’ support for student-athletes.
Our University-wide Athlete Support Programme is one of Ireland’s most highly regarded performance programmes and is the third level sporting destination of choice for many aspiring sports performers.
Through our University-wide Athlete Support Programme, we are committed to supporting talented young athletes who have the potential to achieve success and excel at the highest level in their sport. A wide range of flexible athlete and academic support structures are provided to ensure success in their studies and in their sporting careers.
TU Dublin has now record numbers of Irish student-athletes who are currently in receipt of high-performance sport supports achieving recognition in their chosen sports at Olympic and Paralympic Games, World Championships, World University Games, European Championships, National representation, and as Intercounty players in all four codes of Gaelic Sports.
Our range of sport scholarships offer high level support to aspiring talented athletes and the benefits of each ‘package of support’ is assessed on an individual basis and ranks depending on an athlete’s achievements, potential for development and commitment to represent TU Dublin.
- Meet the admission requirements through the CAO system and register on a course of academic study at the University or be a current student.
- Be of regional/county, national or international standard in your chosen sport.
- Commit to represent TU Dublin in the appropriate competitive pathway (where possible).
- Be competing in a sport that is recognised by Sport Ireland.
- Achieve a satisfactory level of academic and sporting progress, to be eligible for scholarship renew on an annual basis.
Benefits may include
- Academic Entry (Additional CAO points)
- Accommodation Support
- Fee Waiver, Financial Support
- Access to TU Dublin High Performance Training facilities, Dual Career Support, Career Guidance Support
- Strength and Conditioning, Sports Nutrition, Performance Skills Workshops, Sports Mentoring, Physiotherapy
- Opportunity to compete in Senior Intervarsity competitions and the World University Games.
Applications for the Athlete Support Programme for the 2023-24 academic year opens 1st of February 2023 and the closing date for receipt of applications is 1st of May 2023 at 5pm. To apply, applicants must complete an online application form.
Applicants must make an application for a TU Dublin programme of study through the CAO. Applicants should apply through the CAO by the normal closing date of 1st February or before the late closing date of 1st May and complete an Athlete Support Programme online application form.
For further queries please contact:
TU Dublin Sport
T: 087 298 5849