The student counselling service has the following upcoming groups:
This 4 week online group run by Scott Ahearn, the procrastinator-in-chief, may be suitable for you if your work is piling up, you feel overwhelmed with academic tasks, you don’t know where to start or you lack motivation.
When: Weekly for 4 weeks starting Thursday February 16th 5.30pm to 6.30 pm
Dates: February 16th, 23rd, March 2nd and 9th
Where: via Microsoft Teams.
How: Book a place
The group aims to provide tips and tools to tackle procrastination, as well as increase your understanding of procrastination. We hope to provide you with a chance to develop your own procrastination action plan and provide a non-judgemental and light-hearted space to discuss procrastination.
The group holds open discussions about procrastination. You can keep your mic and camera on or off – whatever if more comfortable for you (from our experience you may get more from the group if you keep them on – no pressure!)
V5 Values and Fitness
- The V5 is a program that improves your everyday life. It focuses on how you can improve your mental health, physical health, relationships, career and grades, and even your hobbies.
- You will meet coaches and trainers regularly over this 4 week program.
Anxiety Support Group
Seán from the counselling team will run this group for 5 weeks. Many people get stuck catastrophizing, fearing the worst, and delaying/avoiding due to anxiety. This will be an informal and workshop oriented group. It will allow you to focus on managing your worries, stressors, and anxieties in order to do what matters most e.g. study, relationships, relax.
- When: Weekly at 5pm on Tuesdays (1hr)
- Dates: Feb 21st and 28th; & March 7th, 14th, and 21st
- Where: City Campus- Rathdown House at room RD015 (next to cafeteria)
- How: fill out the sign-up sheet to say you will drop by
International/Erasmus students - International Meet
- To improve the experience of International & Erasmus students, the Student Counselling Service now offers a weekly support group called the INTERNATIONAL MEET.
- At the INTERNATIONAL MEET you will find a place to connect to other International & Erasmus students, make friends, gain wellbeing & academic support & learn tips about adjusting to life in Ireland.
- This INTERNATIONAL MEET is offered as an in-person group & runs weekly throughout Semester’s one & two. It takes place every Thursday at 5:15pm to 6:15pm in St Laurence’s on Grange Gorman Campus. The group is also run by two facilitators: Tracy a student counsellor from the Student Counselling Service & Joseph a chaplain from the Pastoral Care & Chaplaincy.
- Please click on the link if you would like to register for the INTERNATIONAL MEET. Once registered you can drop in weekly or any Tuesday of Term.
- Please Register
- If you require further information about the International Meet, please contact Mary Creedon, Student Counsellor on firstname.lastname@example.org
Postgrad Support Group – ''Grad Connect''
“Grad Connect” is an in-person drop-in group for postgraduate students at TU Dublin run by Tom. It is intended as a supportive community where postgrads can come together and discuss aspects of their postgraduate experience whilst eating biscuits and drinking coffee!
This group takes place fortnightly between 11.15am – 12.30pm. The venue is Room RD015, Rathdown House, Grangegorman Campus. Forthcoming sessions will take place on the following dates:
- Tues 25 October
- Tues 8 November
- Tues 22 November
- Tues 6 December
To express an interest in attending the group please complete the following form: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=yxdjdkjpX06M7Nq8ji_V2nk093W_bnVMnntprlgwShhUOUxYQ045QUE1Wlg2RFlKMUhVU04zUlhYMC4u
If you require further information about the Postgraduate Drop-In group, please contact; Tom Adams, Student Counsellor on email@example.com