There is no charge when attending the campus Nurse. The current fee for attending the Dr. is €10. However additional costs do apply for some services offered:
- Blood test €10
- Drivers Eye Test - €5 plus Dr's fee.
- Flu vaccine (at risk students) - €5 plus Dr's fee.
- Medical for year abroad - €20 plus Dr's fee (if chronic medical issues you will need to attend own GP)
- Certificate of Good Health - €10 plus Dr's fee (if chronic medical issues you will need to attend own GP)
- College Boxing Medical - €20 plus Dr's fee.
- Contraceptive pill checks - €10
- Lost Prescription - €10
- Chlamydia Sexual Health Screen - €10
- Travel Vaccinations (In Alderwood Clinic)
- Crutches – €15 (refundable deposit)
The Student Health Centre does not run a Medical Card Practice. All Medical Card holders are encouraged to attend their own GP if within the Dublin area or if not register with a local GMS doctor. However if you are feeling acutely unwell and your registered Doctor lives outside the Dublin area, you will be triaged by the nurse and referred accordingly.
A Medical Card is a plastic card, about the size of a credit card, issued by the HSE. People who hold a Medical Card are entitled to a range of Health Services free of charge.
Persons aged 16 to 25 (including students) who are financially dependent on their parents will be entitled to a medical card if their parents are medical card holders. Those who are financially independent of their parents will have their income assessed in their own right. Income guidelines are available to determine a person's eligibility" - You can read the current
- HSE Medical Card and GP Visit Card Guidelines here
How to apply: There are a number of ways to apply for your medical card
Apply online: The quickest way to apply for a medical card is online, on www.medicalcard.ie
Make sure you have all the information you need to hand such as you PPS number and those of your dependents, a recent payslip, details of your income and outgoings on tax, PRSI, rent and mortgage etc.
Apply by post: Download a medical card application form. Forms are also available from your Local Health Office. Completed forms should be sent to:
Client Registration Unit,
P.O. Box 11745,
If you have any questions before you send your application lo-call 1890 252 919 or contact your local health office.