On Your Bike
1 in 10 TU Dublin students cycle to college and it’s a great way to keep fit and save money. Below are some tips for cycling around Dublin:
- Use the Transport for Ireland Cycle Planner app to identify the shortest, safest route to your campus.
- Invest in a good quality lock and learn how to secure your bike correctly. It should cost 10-20% of the value of your bike. Take a look at the YouTube video Bicycle Security in Dublin for a good tutorial on bike-locking and security – it could save you a lot of money.
- Most TU Dublin sites have secure bike racks and onsite showers for cyclists.
- If you don’t want to invest in a bike, membership of Dublinbikes costs €35 per year and allows unlimited journeys. Our campuses at Aungier Street, Bolton Street and Grangegorman are convenient to a Dublinbike stand. Visit dublinbikes.ie.
On the Buses
- Dublin Bus: All of our locations are served by several Dublin Bus routes, which are too numerous to list here. We recommend checking the best bus route on the Dublin Bus website: dublinbus.ie. Dublin Bus also have a useful app providing realtime information on when your next bus is due.
- Bus Eireann: Bus Eireann, serves TU Dublin campus locations from towns within the Greater Dublin Area and surrounding counties. The service is frequent and reliable and makes TU Dublin easily accessible from the likes of Ashbourne, Cavan, Carlow, Dundalk, Drogheda, Kildare, Kells, Mullingar, Naas, Navan and Trim.
- Private Providers: There are also several private providers such as Matthews Coaches (Dundalk), Collins Coaches (Monaghan), Dublin Coaches (Kildare Village).
- Go Ahead: A number of bus routes in Dublin are now operated by Go Ahead Ireland, on behalf of Transport for Ireland. goaheadireland.ie/services
- 139: The 139 orbital bus route operates between Naas and Blanchardstown and connects the campus to Naas, Sallins, Clane, Rathcoffey, Maynooth, and Leixlip; including Blanchardstown Shopping Centre.
- Shuttle Bus: A service runs from Coolmine Train Station and Blanchardstown Shopping Centre to the Blanchardstown campus.
Luas, Dart and Irish Rail
- Luas Green Line serves TU Dublin at Grangegorman, Bolton Street and Aungier St.
- Luas Red Line is convenient to TU Dublin at Tallaght, Bolton Street and Grangegorman luas.ie
- Dart and Irish Rail stations at Heuston Station, Broombridge, Connolly Station, Pearse Street, and Tara Street are in walking distance or have easy bus and Luas connections to all city centre campus locations. irishrail.ie