Social Venture Lab
From idea to pitch for social impact
- Develop your social impact idea
- Gain an Accredited CPD qualification in Social Enterprise Design
- Applications close 21 October 2022
Have you got a social impact idea but need help with the next steps? Then register for the GROWTHhub Social Venture Lab programme.
What is Social Venture Lab?
Social Venture Lab is TU Dublin GROWTHhub's student entrepreneurial idea validation programme focussing on social impact ideas, open to all students. The programme will run online from October to December 2022, with two on-campus workshops, and will provide you with an opportunity to test, develop and validate your entrepreneurial ideas using the latest online tools and with the guidance of tutors, and entrepreneurs.
- Online module materials, notes and exercises
- Live in-person workshops to help develop and test your ideas
- An opportunity to pitch your idea to a panel of experts and entrepreneurs
- A TU Dublin accredited CPD Qualification
- Access to further support in developing your new venture
Who can apply?
- We are looking for students with a social impact ideas.
- All TU Dublin students (from apprenticeship to PhD, full-time and part-time) can apply for the Social Venture Validate programme.
- You can apply as individuals or as a team (teams can include participants from outside TU Dublin but at least half of the members must be TU Dublin students).
- If you think you might have an idea but aren't sure if it's suitable for Social Venture Lab, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you decide if the programme is right for you.
Dates and details
First session – Welcome & Identifying opportunities:
- Blanchardstown - Monday 07 November 2022, from 5.30pm to 7pm. L BA001 Classroom
- Tallaght - Tuesday 08 November 2022, from 5.30pm to 7pm. 138/140 room
- Grangegorman - Wednesday 09 November 2022 from 5.30pm to 7pm - EQ213 Boardroom
- Aungier Street - Thursday 10 November 2022 from 5.30pm to 7pm – Ideation Lab 4028
- Building the business model - Date & time TBC
- Testing the idea - Date & time TBC
- Assembling a Portfolio & Pitch - Date & time TBC
- Building a team- Date & time TBC
Pitch & Conclusion session:
- Blanchardstown - 13 February 2023 from 5pm to 6.30pm - Location to be confirmed
- Tallaght - 14 February 2023 from 5pm to 6.30pm - Location to be confirmed
- Grangegorman – 15 February 2023 from 5pm to 6.30pm - EQ213 Boardroom
- Aungier Street - 16 February 2023 from 5pm to 6.30pm - Ideation Lab 4028
How to apply
Apply today completing this application. Limited places available. Closing date for applications is 21 October 2022.