Industrial Research Manager
Irina joined CREST in 2018
- Works on multidisciplinary projects as Industrial Research Manager at CREST
- Meets tight deadlines and delivers solutions for a range of industries from Irish SMEs to multinationals
- Believes in developing a long term professional relationships with customers knowing that support is vital, from the first test until the delivered project and beyond
- Understands customer’s needs is key for a successful project outcome
- Biomedical Engineering graduate with double MEng in Biomaterials & Prosthesis and Mechanical Engineering, and a PhD in Tissue Engineering
- A skilled communicator with extensive expertise in all aspects of materials science and R&D.
Bullet point skills.
- Innovative biomedical engineer with an entrepreneurial mindset
- 13+ years in R&D, including smart materials, tissue engineering, medical device and cell biology
- Experienced in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Business model development and design thinking
- Grant funding co-applicant and lead applicant (IRC Government of Ireland Scheme, EI Commercialisation Fund)
- Enthusiastic team player adept at providing leadership while also learning from fellow team members