*Applications to the programme can only be submitted by registered Employers.
The programme is primarily designed for qualified electricians who meet the entry criteria below:
1. Holder of the Advanced Certificate (Level 6) in Craft (Electrical)
2. Holder of the Advanced Certificate (Level 6) in Craft (Electrical/Instrumentation) or Craft (Refrigeration)
3. Holder of a Higher Certificate in Electrical Engineering (Level 6), or a cognate Level 6 Electrical Certificate, with relevant industrial electrical experience
4. Registered Electrician with qualifications (National Craft Certificate / Senior Trades) other than in (1) or (2) above, can apply for access through recognition of prior learning process. Apprenticeship contracts of employment are with a registered employer. An application for entry to the Programme must be submitted by the employer.
- All applicants must have competence in spoken and written English
As part of the national apprenticeship system, there are formal requirements for approval of an employer’s suitability to train apprentices and for registration of apprentices. SOLAS is responsible for delivering on these requirements. Applications for entry to the apprenticeship can only be submitted by an employer who is registered for the Industrial Electrical Engineering Apprenticeship on the SOLAS Apprenticeship Client Services System. Employers can contact TU Dublin Tallaght directly to initiate the registration process or can contact the apprenticeship training advisor from their local Education & Training Board (ETB).
The system is currently undergoing some maintenance, please check back later.