Course Title: Cisco Certified Associate Programme
There is no entry requirement but it is strongly advised that students have a prior technical background, qualification or high level of technical interest and motivation. Applicants must meet the English language requirements the Institute.
This course would benefit IT professionals seeking to gain a deeper understanding of the technologies that make up the Internet, or those interested in a career in networking who have some prior related training, experience or qualifications and a strong interest in gaining technical and hands on skills in our hardware laboratory.
Students will study relevant Internet technologies such as:
- The TCP/IP protocol suite
- IP version 4 addressing and subnetting
- IP version 6
- Virtual LANs (VLANs)
- Access control lists (ACLs)
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Spanning-Tree protocol (STP)
- Hot Standby Router protocol (HSRP)
- Routing Information Protocol (RIP)
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
- Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS)
- Quality of Service
The CCNA certification is a highly regarded qualification within the worldwide networking industry. The course examines the protocols that make the Internet the highly successful global phenomena that it has become to-day.
There is strong emphasis on problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with classes taking place in world class hardware laboratories to enable students to meet challenges with confidence and expertise while at the same time providing graduates with the knowledge to gain a well-known and respected qualification within the industry.
There are in-house assessments for each module, and on successful completion students will receive course completion certificates from the Cisco Academy at TU Dublin – Tallaght.
Students may then apply to take the CCNA official exam at any Person VUE exam centre after course completion. The exam cost is not included in the course cost.
- CCNA R&S Module 1 Introduction to Networks
- CCNA R&S Module 2 Routing and switching Fundamentals
- CCNA R&S Module 3 Scaling Networks
- CCNA R&S Module 4 Connecting networks
1 Evening per week over 2 semesters.