Programme Title: Certificate in Human Resources Practice (CIPD) Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD) Approved Programme
Applicants must either work currently in a people management situation or have regular access to an organisation to undertake work-based assignments to successfully complete the programme.
- On this basis a current CV should accompany your application.
There are no formal educational requirements; however, it is essential that all candidates have competence in spoken and written English.
Candidate will have the opportunity to meet with the programme leader as part of the application procedure.
This qualification is aimed at those:
- New to HR or those aspiring to a career in the area
- Working in HR in support roles who wish to further their career with a professional qualification
- Line manager, supervisor or team leader roles who wish to develop their knowledge and skills
Accreditation: Upon successful completion of the programme, you will be awarded the CIPD Certificate in HR Practice. Completion of the Certificate gives you the knowledge and relevant experience to allow you to apply to CIPD for associate membership, with the designatory title: Assoc CIPD.
CIPD is launching its new programme in 2021. It is important to note that the current Foundation Certificate in Human Resource Practice is no less valuable. Those who successfully complete the course retain their standing as Associate members of CIPD.
Note: A separate professional membership fee (currently stg£160,) must be paid directly to CIPD at the start of the course.
The Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD) is the lead professional body in the advancement of human resource management practice.
Acquiring the CIPD Foundation Certificate in Human Resource Practice qualification is therefore a fundamental step in the recognition and emergence of your career in Human Resource Management.
Students will be assigned a personal tutor to provide advice and support throughout the programme; access to a dedicated web-based site; reference materials and comprehensive notes to support their studies.
Assessments for the programme are designed to equip you with the ability to apply learning in your organisation and in your work role.
Accordingly, assessment is by:
Demonstrating practical skills
Short work-based reports
A self-assessment of your experience and contribution to the programme
Evaluation, explanation, and comparison case study exercises
- Effective Human Resource Practitioner
- Understanding Organisations & the Role of Human Resources
- Resourcing Talent
- Human Resource Information Systems
- Managing Employee Relations
- Performance & Reward Management
One evening per week over two semesters per year & two Saturday Workshops.
Modules are timetabled on Monday evening from 6pm to 10 pm, along with two Saturday skills workshops during the course.
- Start date: 20th September 2021
- Finish date: 16th May 2022
Applications for September 2021 are now closed.
For queries on the application process please contact: email@example.com
Or call the Lifelong Learning Team on: 01 220 7432
Students can choose to progress onto the following human resource management programmes at TU Dublin.
- CIPD Foundation Diploma in Human Resources
- B.Sc. Human Resource Management
- M.Sc. Human Resource Management