Programme Title: Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Quantity Surveying & Construction Economics (Part Time)
- Irish Leaving Certificate with passes in six subjects, with a minimum of 2 at H5 to include Mathematics (O6/H7) and either Irish or English (O6/H7). Applicants must be in appropriate full-time employment as a trainee Quantity Surveyor within a construction related business.
- Applicants must submit their application direct to TU Dublin and not through the CAO.
- Applicants in possession of a FETAC level 5 qualification in a related construction or engineering discipline.
- A mature student who is 23 years of age or older on the 1st January in the calendar year of proposed entry to an undergraduate programme. Applicants must submit their application direct to TU Dublin and not through the CAO.
- Advanced applications to latter years of the programme will be considered for those applicants who already possess experience in the industry and/or possess a construction related undergraduate qualifications. Consideration for the particular year of entry will depend on the level of the programme qualification attained by the applicant ie Higher Certificate, Ordinary Degree and Honours Degree etc.
Closing Date: 1st May 2021
In direct response to the unprecedented demand for Quantity Surveying graduates, TU Dublin has announced the re-opening of this part-time degree in partnership with local industry. The 2015 report issued by the Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland (SCSI) , Employment Opportunities and Skills Requirements in Construction and Property Surveying 2014-2018, called for the constant collaboration between industry, SCSI and third level institutes in order to ensure the skill levels of the graduates fits the requirements of the real world.
TU Dublin in partnership with a number of household name employers in the Irish construction industry have worked closely together to launch the new look part-time degree in September 2016. This course will appeal to mature students, school leavers, and applicants who possess a Level 5 award in a construction related skill area or equivalent. It is envisaged that students will be assisted in seeking employment on a full-time basis in a construction or engineering company and will attend lectures one day week. A particular feature of the programme will include a “Work Related” module that aims to provide students with the opportunity to formally record and reflect on their experience in the workplace and undertake a work-related project.
The programme is fully accredited by the Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland.
Classroom, 1 day per week, Bolton St, City Campus (Facilitated online pending Covid 19 restrictions)
Applications are now closed for the academic year 2021/2022