Programme Title: Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Energy Systems Engineering
Level 7 BEng in Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering or with an equivalent Level 7 BEng.
- All applicants must have competence in spoken and written English.
This programme is suited to anybody with an interest in pursuing a career in Engineering. This programme is specific to the sustainable energy sector and applicants must have completed a Level 7 BEng in Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering or with an equivalent Level 7 Bachelor in Engineering.
The BSc (Hons) in Sustainable Energy Engineering prepares graduates for a career in areas such as sustainable energy systems design and planning, energy economics and policy planning, energy management and auditing, as well as the environmental and social impact of energy systems.
- This programme holds Engineers Ireland Accreditation
Graduates of this programme are currently working as project, facilities, process or procurement engineers in a variety of multinationals, food, medical, power and biomass plants. Energy systems engineers are also employed in hospitals and local councils, and in advisory capacities addressing the Government’s Energy policy.
The programme areas include:
- Energy Distribution Systems 2
- Bio-energy Systems
- Project Management
- BEng (Hons) Energy Project 1
- Industrial Statistics & Quality
- System Simulation and Modelling
- Smart Technologies
- Energy Economics and Policy
- Heat Transfer
- Innovation and Enterprise
- Facilities Management Systems
- BEng (Hons) Energy Project 2
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
18:00 – 22:00