How to Apply
TU Dublin welcomes applications from people from every background and we try hard to make the process as straightforward as possible. For further information on how to apply please select the option that best matches your circumstances:
Entry routes to TU Dublin
Steps to making an online application
- Check the postgraduate programmes listing for the programme you wish to apply for. Click on the required programme title which will bring you to the programme information page.
- Click the appropriate application button to access the online application form for this programme.
- If this is your first TU Dublin application click ‘New Account' to create an account. Important: keep a record of your login details - username and password - these will be needed for additional applications. If you have already created an account, 'Sign in' with your username and password to make additional applications. If you create a new account each time you make a new application you will be asked to pay the €50 application fee again. If you have forgotten your password, email us at email@example.com and we will reset it for you. You will also need your login details to sign in, should you wish to accept any offers which may be made.
- If you have started your application but are not ready to submit it, click the ‘save and exit’ button. You can re-access your application later by following the same steps as before and sign in with your username and password to proceed.
- Your online application must be completed in full before you click the 'submit' button. Once your application has been submitted you will not be able to alter or add to it. Please take time to read the instructions on each page.
What you’ll need
Before starting your online application, please ensure that you have as many supporting documents as possible available to upload to your application.
- A scanned image of the photo page of your passport
- Official academic transcripts showing all subjects taken and examination results obtained for each year of study, and the final award grade / Date of Completion– Please note that these must be original language documents. If available, please also provide a grading system guide from your awarding higher education institution.
If you have studied abroad, you will need to provide clear, legible, colour, scanned images of the following document originals:
- Certified English translations of transcripts, examination results and award cert/s where original documents are not in English.
- If English is not your first language, a recognised certificate of English Language Competency, see English Language Requirements.
Keep in mind that all of the above documents must be scanned originals and must bear the appropriate official signature and the seal/stamp of the institution that issued it.
Additional details you should have available before commencing are
- an email address,
- your Visa, Laser, Mastercard or American Express card,
- your PPS number (not mandatory for non-Irish applicants),
- your previous student number if applicable
The next intake for the majority of our postgraduate taught programmes will be in September 2021. Applications will open on 23rd November 2020. The official application closing date for most of our courses is 30th June 2021. However, some programmes will remain open for applications beyond this date, subject to availability of places.
N.B. Please check the information page of the programme of your choice for application button availability.
There is a non refundable application fee of €50, for the first application, which is payable by Visa, Laser, Mastercard or American Express. Additional applications, for the same academic session, are free of charge.
If you encounter any difficulty uploading your documents you can scan and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your online application reference number with any documents you are sending in by email or post. Any outstanding documents should be submitted before 16th July 2021.
To guarantee your place on a programme, you must accept your offer and pay the minimum deposit required. Applicants who have received Conditional Offers must submit outstanding documents before being allowed onto their chosen programme.
If you are from an Non-EU country but think you may qualify as an EU applicant, please contact the us at email@example.com to be fee assessed before you make an application. Application fees are non-refundable.
To qualify for the EU Rate of Fees, you must meet ONE of the following criteria:
- You are ordinarily resident in the EU and have received full-time post primary education in the EU for 3 of the 5 years immediately preceding admission OR
- You are ordinarily resident in the EU and have worked full-time in the EU for 3 of the 5 years immediately preceding admission OR
- You hold a passport from an EU state and have received full-time education in the EU for 3 of the 5 years immediately preceding admission.
Note: The period that Non-EU students are resident in Ireland on Study Visas does not contribute towards the residency requirement in relation to fee assessment at TU Dublin.
Please note applicants on a Stamp 2 student visa are not eligible to study part time in TU Dublin.
What is a Postgraduate Conversion Programme?
A conversion programme enables graduates of one discipline to acquire a qualification in a different discipline at Postgraduate Diploma and Masters Level. Having studied a particular degree you may decide that you wish to change your career path and consider undertaking a conversion programme at TU Dublin.
The following programmes are open to graduates of varying disciplines:
MA in Journalism (F/T)
MA in Public Relations (F/T)
Masters in Business Administration (MBA) (P/T)
ME in Sustainable Infrastructure (F/T) (Sept intake)
ME in Sustainable Infrastructure (P/T) (Sept intake)
MSc in Digital Games (F/T)
MSc in Event Management (F/T) (Sept intake)
MSc in Event Management (F/T) (Jan intake)
MSc in Event Management (P/T) (Sept intake)
MSc in Event Management (P/T) (Jan intake)
MSc in Fashion Buying & Management (F/T) (Jan intake)
MSc in Hospitality Management (F/T) (Sept intake)
MSc in Hospitality Management (F/T) (Jan intake)
MSc in Hospitality Management (P/T) (Sept intake)
MSc in Hospitality Management (P/T) (Jan intake)
MSc in Pharmaceutical Validation Technology (P/T) (Jan intake)
MSc in Real Estate (F/T)
MSc in Real Estate (P/T)
MSc in Tourism Management (F/T) (Sept intake)
MSc in Tourism Management (F/T) (Jan intake)
MSc in Tourism Management (P/T) (Sept intake)
MSc in Tourism Management (P/T) (Jan intake)
PgDip in Accounting (F/T)
PgDip in Finance (F/T)
PgDip in Finance (P/T)
PgDip in Law (F/T)
PgDip in Law (P/T)
The following programmes are open to NON BUSINESS graduates only:
MSc in Marketing (F/T)