Course Title: Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Accounting & Finance
Holders of an appropriate Ordinary Bachelor Degree in Business (NFQ Level 7) should apply to CAO in the year for which admission is sought. Entry is subject to normal entry requirements.
This course will give you a solid grounding in the principles and practices of accounting and finance, from auditing, taxation and financial accounting to management accounting, law and financial risk management.
Graduates are granted generous exemptions from the examinations of professional accountancy bodies. Current exemptions include;
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI): Full exemption from CAP 1 examination for 2.2 Honours graduates with a clear pass without compensation in all subjects. Based on students obtaining 50% or more in examinations of relevant subjects.
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA): Exemption from F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7,and F9 at fundamental level.
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA): Exemption from BA1, BA2, BA3, BA4, P1, F1, E1, P2 and F2.
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland (ICPAI): Formation Levels: Full exemption; Professional Level 1: Auditing, Managerial Finance and Corporate Reporting. Based on students obtaining 50% or more in examinations of relevant subjects.
- Irish Tax Institute (AITI): exemption from Accounting and Law Part 1.
Note: All exemptions awarded are subject to annual review and revision by the various professional bodies and are based on students achieving clear passes in completion of specific modules.
Students on this course will be required to have a medium spec computer/laptop (i.e. able to run Win 10, an AV solution and Office comfortably. Be able to use Wi-fi and camera to attend online classes, use other software such as SPSS, Adobe Connect; e.g. Latitude 5510; Latitude 5410.
Please search for the TU Dublin offer on the HEA website www.heanet.ie/store
- Training Contracts with ACA and ACCA firms
- Accountancy Practices
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Services
- International Accounting Standards
- Company Law
- Strategic Management Accounting
- Personal Finance
- Business Ethics
- Project Management
- Capital Acquisitions & Capital Gains Tax
- German for Business 4a
- French for Business 4a
- Spanish for Business 4a
- Work Placement
One elective must be selected
- Group & Company Accounting
- Business Strategy
- Financial Management 2
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Business Intelligence
- Global Marketing
- Process Analysis
- Advanced Taxation
- German for Business 4b
- French for Business 4b
- Spanish for Business 4b
- Supply Chain Management
- Sustainable Finance
Two electives must be selected
Applications for this add-on course are made under the Advanced Entry category through the CAO. For further information on how to make an application, please visit our CAO Hub.
On graduation, you may continue to postgraduate study at TU Dublin or elsewhere.