Programme Title: Higher Certificate in Bar & Restaurant Management
2021 CAO Points 243
|If any applicant has a medically diagnosed food allergy (note; not an intolerance), this programme is not recommended.|
This two-year, full-time programme incorporates Bar and Restaurant practical and theoretical classes, all of which will develop the knowledge and skills you need to work in the bar and restaurant industry.
It embraces restaurant and bar operations as well as enterprise development studies, and business modules focused on products and services provided in modern Irish and international bars and restaurants. And it fully recognises the evolving nature of the bar and restaurant sector, in particular, the introduction of the food offering that brings a new dynamic to the licensed trade.
You will complete an industry placement in Year 2, Semester 1.
Roles in the food, beverage, hospitality and tourism industries.
- Bar & Beverage Operations Studies
- Food & Beverage Studies
- Food & Workplace Safety
- Kitchen & Larder 1
- Sommelier Skills - Service & Sales
- Cocktail Making
- Introduction to Marketing
- Introduction to Food Costing and Control for Culinary Arts
- Food Production & Restaurant Service
- Spirits & Liqueurs
- Industry Placement
- Wine Studies 1
- Enterprise Development Studies
- Human Resource Management
- Intro to Legal Studies for Licensed Premises
- International Bar & Restaurant Theory
- Online Marketing & PR
See bottom of page for list of progression options