Programme Title: Bachelor of Business (Honours) in International Business
Holders of an appropriate Ordinary Bachelor Degree in Business in International Business should apply to CAO in the year for which admission is sought.
Do you like business, are extroverted and adventurous, and interested in communicating and engaging with other cultures? Then you should jump at the opportunity to study International Business at home and abroad. The course will provide you with the skills and attributes necessary to succeed in business anywhere in the world, reducing the barriers to travel and opening a world of career opportunities at home and overseas. A wide range of subjects are covered, from economics fundamentals, leadership, business information systems and organisational behaviour to creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship, and intercultural studies. You can also choose European language electives in French, German or Spanish.
IT Requirements: Students on this course will be required to have a medium spec computer/laptop (i.e. able to run Win 10, an AV solution and Office comfortably. It should be able to use Wi-fi and camera in order to attend online classes, and use other software such as SPSS, Adobe Connect; e.g. Latitude 5510; Latitude 5410;
Please search for the TU Dublin offer on the HEA website www.heanet.ie/store
You’ll be able to choose from a host of paths, including
- government agencies
- international/multinational corporations
- management consultancy
and a myriad number of business roles in the global economy
- International Selling & Sales
- Cross Cultural Management
Group Elective 1:
- French for Business 4a or German for Business 4a or Spanish for Business 4a
- Group Elective 2: French Language, Culture & Society 4a or German Language, Culture & Society 4a or Spanish Language, Culture & Society 4a
- Group Elective 3: Project Management or Strategic Human Resource Management or Business Research Methods or Digital & Contemporary Marketing Practice or Business Ethics or Financial Information Analysis
Students who have chosen a language elective (French, German, Spanish) must take one module from Group Elective 1 and one module from Group Elective 2. Students on the English language speaking stream must choose two modules from Group Elective 3.
- Global Marketing
- Business Strategy
- Group Elective 1 : French for Business 4b or German for Business 4b or Spanish for Business 4b
- Group Elective 2: French Language, Culture & Society 4b or German Language, Culture & Society 4b or Spanish Language, Culture & Society 4b
- Group Elective 3: Business Intelligence or Business Project or Strategic Management of Information Systems or Supply Chain Management or Service Marketing Management or Corporate Social Responsibility
Students who have chosen a language elective (French, German, Spanish) must take one module from Group Elective 1 and two modules from Group Elective 2. Students on the English language speaking stream must choose three modules from Group Elective 2.
Note : The choice of electives are dependent upon learner demand and resource availability and may vary from year to year.
Advanced Entry/Add On Programme
I had looked into a few other colleges who offer Business with a language, but their modules were not as attractive as those offered at TU Dublin and there was no Erasmus option. Languages are something that I've always been interested in, so the language option and the Erasmus year on the course was what appealed to me. The course has a huge variety of modules, ranging from Economics, Marketing, Business Information Systems and Financial Accounting to a choice of languages. Students also have the opportunity to gain a lot of hands-on skills
- Una Glennon, International Business
On graduation, you may continue to postgradute study at TU Dublin or elsewhere.