Athlete Support Programme
The Athlete Support Programme is for students who wish to compete and succeed at the highest sporting level while simultaneously pursuing an academic programme at TU Dublin. Through the programme elite and high performance athletes are given the opportunity of developing their sporting career by offering the highest standards in sport service provision and academic mentoring support.
In order to be considered eligible for a place on the Athlete Support Programme applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- Students must meet the TU Dublin admission requirements through the CAO system and must enrol on a programme of academic study at the University.
- Be of regional/county, national or international standard in your chosen sport
- Where possible commit to represent TU Dublin in the appropriate competitive pathway
- Be competing in a Sport that is recognised by Sport Ireland. Please contact Sport Ireland for more information on tel: 01 860 8800 or visit www.sportireland.ie
A satisfactory level of academic and sporting progress is essential, if the scholarship is to be renewed on an annual basis. Sports Scholarships are intended for persons of outstanding sporting ability.
The benefits of an award may include:
- Fee Waiver
- Academic Entry (Additional CAO points)
- Financial Support
- Access to TU Dublin High Performance Training facilities
- Dual Career Support
- Strength and Conditioning
- Sports Nutrition
- Performance Skills Workshops
- Sports Mentoring
- Career Guidance Support
Fulfil your student experience and pursue opportunities to compete in Senior Intervarsity competitions and even the World University Games!!
Applications are currently CLOSED. Applications will open on the 1st of February 2022.
For further information regarding criteria, eligibility and benefits of the TU Dublin Athlete Support Programme please click the link to download the TU Dublin Athlete Support Programme Leaflet 2021.
TU Dublin Sport