The purpose of this module is to give students practical skills to monitor and maintain complex, enterprise routed and switched IP networks. Skills learned include the planning and execution of regular network maintenance based on systematic and industry recognised approaches. The labs emphasise hands-on learning and practice to reinforce troubleshooting techniques.
1. Planning Maintenance for Complex Networks
Maintenance Processes and Procedures, Network Maintenance Tools, Applications, and Resources
2. Troubleshooting Infrastructure Security and Services
Troubleshooting AAA,, Access Control and Access Lists, Troubleshooting device management, DHCP, NAT and SLA Architecture.
3. Using Maintenance and Troubleshooting Tools and Applications
Troubleshooting VLANs,Troubleshooting Spanning Tree andTroubleshooting Switched Virtual Interfaces (SVIs) and InterVLAN Routing
4. Maintaining and Troubleshooting Routing Solutions
Troubleshooting OSPF,Troubleshooting Route Redistribution andTroubleshooting BGP
5. Troubleshooting Addressing Services
Identifying Common IPv4 Addressing Service Issues,Identifying Common IPv6 Routing
6. Troubleshooting Network Performance Issues
Troubleshooting Network Application Services,Troubleshooting Performance Issues on Switches, Troubleshooting Performance Issues on Routers
7. Troubleshooting VPN Technologies
|Module Content & Assessment