This module provides learners with knowledge of the important conceptual, theoretical, social, technical and design issues associated with universal interaction design. The module is designed to provide learners with the knowledge required to design and deliver products that are cognisant of universal principles of access, usability and inclusivity.
Universal Design Introduction
• Principles and benefits of universal design.• Definitions of usability/design standards
• Physiological and psychological aspects of usability design • Universal design for learning
• Policies, guidelines & legalisations: Irish, European & International• Interface design – validation, platform independence, consistency, compliance, special needs.
• User/design heuristics for screen and immersive interactive applications
Testing and Evaluation
• User research and usability methods and practices
• Role of a designer as human-computer interface expert and the interpreter of user demands
|Module Content & Assessment