The rate of change and development in the Marketing industry has accelerated in the past decade. This module aims to provide students with • a conceptual and practical understanding of the evolution of marketing theory and practice • an awareness of the benefits of digital marketing across different industry contexts, B2B, non-profit, B2C • an overview of the digital marketing planning process • an understanding of how organisations can leverage digital marketing channels to better understand target audiences, promote goods and services, enhance brand awareness and improve sales • an understanding of the role of the digital marketing manager, the nature of the industry and an awareness of various relationships in the marketing network
The Digital Marketing Landscape
• Past, Present, Future - evolution of Marketing towards the digital era. • Introduction to Digital Marketing- This theme will examine & assess the key factors that have contributed to the evolution of the digital marketing landscape (global & domestic), discuss the likely drivers of change for the future and evaluate the current research & literature in this field of study. • Nature of the industry: Digital marketing in different industry contexts B2C, B2B, not -for profit, people, places, education, government etc.
Key Concepts in Digital Marketing
• Develop a base of knowledge and understanding of the fundamental channels of digital marketing, applications, platforms and analytics.
Understanding Information for Digital Marketing Planning
• Using research and digital information to understand the online marketing environment, digital marketplace, customer behaviour and how to apply the learning to strategic decision making
Digital Marketing Strategy and Planning
• Introduction to digital marketing planning, the online marketing mix vs the traditional marketing mix. •Online and offline integration
Managing Relationships in Digital Marketing
• The role of the digital marketing manager, managing client agency relationships and the breadth of network interaction • Examine various roles and careers in the digital field and how they connect back to digital marketing
|Module Content & Assessment