This module provides an overview of the relevant laws pertaining to doing business in a supply chain environment with particular reference to the sources of commercial and transport law in Ireland and the European Union.
The aim of this module is to equip students with a general knowledge and understanding of the principles and rules applicable to the study of law and to provide a broad overview of certain core elements of Commercial and Transport Law relevant to professionals working in logistics and supply chain areas.
Introduction to Irish, European and International Commercial and Transport Law.
2. Sources of Irish, European and International Commercial and Transport Law.
3. Legal Institutions & Dispute Resolution Bodies/Fora.
4. Legal Aspects of Tendering and Outsourcing.
5. Law of Contract.
7. International Trade and International Sale of Goods.
9. Carriage of Goods and Persons by Air, Rail, Road and Sea.
To achieve the module aims a combination of methods will be employed including lectures, in class discussion, independent readings, case studies and problem solving exercises.
|Module Content & Assessment