If you wish to borrow books from the Library, you must bring the book(s) and your ID card to the Library Desk or use the Self-Issue Machine. You will not be allowed to borrow without your ID card.
Most books, except those marked “Reference” and “Library Use Only”, may be borrowed. Journals, Dissertations and Student Projects must only be used in the Library.
There are different types of loans available
- Long Loans can be borrowed for 2 weeks (90 days for Academic staff)
- Short Loans can be borrowed for 1 week
- Day Loans can be borrowed for 1 day
|Category||Borrower type||Number of items||Loan length|
|Staff||Academic||20||90 days, 1 week, 1 day|
|Staff||Administrative||20||2 weeks, 1 week, 1 day|
|Student||Full-Time Undergraduate||10||2 weeks, 1 week, 1 day|
|Student||Part-Time Undergraduate||10||2 weeks, 1 week, 1 day|
|Student||Postgraduate||15||2 weeks, 1 week, 1 day (but may vary by individual course)|
Books may be renewed up to 8 times, provided you have no books overdue and no other person has requested them. You may do this by logging into your library account.
Reserving items that are out on loan
Students may wish to borrow books that are already out on loan. A request can be placed on these books so that they are held for the student on their return. Only items which are on loan may be requested.
To place a hold:
- Search for the book in the Library catalogue
- Press the “Place Hold” button on the item you wish to reserve
- Log in to your Library Account using your Student/Staff Number and Network Password. As soon as the book becomes available, borrowers are notified by email. The book is held behind the Issue Desk for 3 days only. A maximum of 5 reservations per person is allowed at any one time. Please note that reserves cannot be placed on books that are not on loan.
You can return books to the Self-Issue Machine available in the Library or to the library desk. When the library is closed, you can return books to the returns box outside the library main door.
If you have any questions, please contact library staff at email@example.com.