Support for Researchers
The library can support your research in a number of ways:
- Scholarly profiling
- Tracking and increasing your research impact.
- Open Research support and information.
- Publishing and APCs
- Managing your research data.
For information on individual or group training sessions please contact:
Aisling Coyne, Open Scholarship Librarian
email@example.com, tel. (01) 220 7065
Article Processing Charges and Open Access Publishing
- TU Dublin is a member of IReL and has access to a number of Article Processing Charges (APCs) for use by current staff and students.
- There is a spreadsheet available which lists EVERY journal that is covered by the IReL deals
- If the journal you wish to publish in is NOT on that list, then payment of the APC will not be covered by TU Dublin and you will have to pay the fee.
- Payment of APCs or other publication costs are otherwise NOT supported by TU Dublin.
- Please remember that this is NOT the only way to make your work Open Access. There are many options available.
- There is no need to spend money to make your work Open. The DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals) lists over 11,000 journals without APCs.
- TU Dublin has an Open Access policy. This document outlines how you are asked to lodge your Author's Accepted Manuscript (AAM- the version that has passed through peer-review and has been accepted for publication but without any publishers' branding, formatting) into our Institutional Repository Arrow.
The 2022 allocations of APCs through IReL are now live. This means that if you seek to publish in a journal covered, the APC costs will be covered.
[Please note: this is the ONLY way that TU Dublin supports the payment of APCs outside of the Orphan APC Fund].
Please bear some things in mind:
- These APCs are given on a strictly first-come-first-served basis. We cannot hold or reserve any APCs.
- Journals (in particular, Society published journals) can leave the agreement periodically. We have had a few instances of academics being stuck with an invoice for an APC because the journal they applied to left the deal. Always double-check!
- You can search the Elsevier Journal Finder for this agreement, which provides details of the journals included.
- You can also search the full list of eligible journals in all IReL and Irish HEI open access agreements: http://bit.ly/irelOAjournals
- Check out the attached Elsevier_Ireland_Author-journey.
- There remain alternative ways to make your work open access:
- submitting to a disciplinary or institutional repository
- if your publication was a result of funding, you may be able to use part of that funding to pay an author processing charge.
For more information on your open access publishing options, please contact:
Aisling Coyne, Open Scholarship Librarian. firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. (01) 220 7065