How to Borrow, Return and Renew your Loans
Please note: City centre staff and students may use and borrow from Bolton Street, Aungier Street and Park House Grangegorman libraries. City centre staff and students can visit (but not currently borrow from) Tallaght and Blanchardstown libraries.
- Use the Self Service machines in any of the City Centre libraries to borrow books.
- Scan your TU Dublin student card and follow the instructions on the screen
- The machine will print a receipt of your book loans with a return date. You can also use your MyLibrary account to check book return dates or to renew your loan. You will receive an automatic email if your books are overdue.
- Alternatively bring your books and student card to the library desk and a member of staff will issue them to your library account.
You must have a current TU Dublin student or staff card before you can borrow items.
|Undergraduate||10 items||28 days||1 renewal of 28 days|
|Postgraduate||15 items||28 days||1 renewal of 28 days|
|Staff / Researcher||20 items||90 days||1 renewal of 90 days|
|Library Item Category||Loan Status|
|Lending||May be borrowed|
|Library Use||May not be borrowed|
|Library Laptops||For use in the library only|
|CDs and DVDs||7 day loan|
|Dissertations and Theses||May not be borrowed|
- Leave your items in the Book Returns Box available in the lobby of each of the City Centre Libraries and they will be checked in for you OR
- Return the books using the Self Service Machines in the Library OR
- Bring the books to the library desk and give to a member of staff who will check-them in for you
1. Renew Online
- Login to your MyLibrary account using your student or staff number and your Library Pin.
- Click on 'Items currently checked out'
- Select items to be renewed and click on 'Renew Selected items' tab
- or select the 'Renew All' tab option
2. Renew your items using the Self Service Machines in the libraries OR
3. Ask a member of staff at the library desk to renew them for you
Please note: Books and other items may not be renewed if any of the following apply:
- You have already renewed the item once
- Someone has placed a hold on the item
- The item is overdue
If you have any difficulty renewing your loans please contact your home library.
Books that are out on loan may be reserved by placing a hold on them. This means when the book is returned it will be reserved for you. You can place a hold / reserve a book as follows:
- Search for the book in the Library Catalogue.
- Click on the Request button and enter your student or staff number and Library PIN.
- If there is more than one copy of the book you can then select which copy to reserve.
- Items marked Library Use may not be reserved
When the item becomes available, the library will send an email notification to your TU Dublin email account.
Fines are not being charged during Covid-19 restrictions. This will be reviewed as restrictions are eased.
30c per day
7 Day Loan
€1.50 per day
AV Material (7 Day loan)
30c per hour
50c per hour
Fines over €3.00 will block patron borrowing, until the fine is reduced.
Patrons can check their book return dates, any overdue loans and fines on their Library Account. Fines are payable at the library desk in cash or by debit/credit card.