This is a lending service between academic libraries where the item required is not available in Aungier Street, Bolton Street or Grangegorman libraries.
All TU Dublin students and staff may request the loan of books, journal articles, theses and conference papers from other academic libraries in Ireland, the UK and abroad. These may be in print or electronic format.
This service is for requesting items that are not currently in Aungier Street, Bolton Street or Grangegorman Libraries.
If we have the book in one of our libraries then you should go to that library to borrow the book. Please use this service if you have already searched the catalogue and cannot find the title.
Cost per item requested:
- The processing charge for this service is currently €6 for undergraduate students or €8 for staff and postgraduate students.
- TU Dublin staff members may purchase books of 10 vouchers for €80 by filling in a request form.
The request form must quote a TU Dublin budget number and be signed by the budget holder who will then allocate vouchers.
How to Request an Inter Library Loan
- Fill out an Inter Library Loan request form on the library catalogue for the type of item required (book, journal article, technical report, conference proceeding, thesis, book chapter or music score). Please include as much detail as possible about the item and include your staff or student number.
- Library staff will contact you to process payment which can be made by cash, credit or debit card or an Inter-Library Loan voucher
- The library will contact you when the item is ready to be collected. We will also notify you if the item cannot be obtained.
- On collection, you may need to sign a copyright declaration form. Books and theses will be checked out to you for a period of time usually specified by the lending library. Some items may be available for library use only depending on the lending institution. If the item you requested is a photocopy or an electronic pdf you may keep it.
- Please make sure to return print items by the date requested for return to the lending library.
Before applying for an inter-library loan please make sure the item you require is not available from TU Dublin library in print or electronic form.
Assistance is available by emailing email@example.com