TU Dublin welcomes applications from people from every background and we make the process as straightforward as possible. For further information on how to apply please select the option that best matches your circumstances:
Making your Application
The next intake for the majority of our postgraduate taught programmes is September 2022.
Applications are made online. A link to the application platform will be active on any programme pages that are currently open for application. The link can be found in the "How To Apply" section.
There is a non-refundable application fee of €50, for the first application, which is payable by Visa, Laser, Mastercard or American Express. Additional applications, for the same academic session, are free of charge, if made under the same account.
If you experience difficulties with your application please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What you’ll need
Before starting your online application, please ensure that you have as many supporting documents as possible available to upload to your application.
- A scanned image of the photo page of your passport
- Official academic transcripts showing all subjects taken and examination results obtained for each year of study, and the final award grade / Date of Completion– Please note that these must be original language documents. If available, please also provide a grading system guide from your awarding higher education institution.
If you have studied abroad, you will need to provide clear, legible, colour, scanned images of the following document originals:
- Certified English translations of transcripts, examination results and award cert/s where original documents are not in English.
- If English is not your first language, a recognised certificate of English Language Competency, see English Language Requirements.
- All of the above documents must be scanned originals and must bear the appropriate official signature and the seal/stamp of the institution that issued it.
Additional details you should have available before commencing are
- an email address,
- your Visa, Laser, Mastercard or American Express card,
- your PPS number (not mandatory for non-Irish applicants),
- your previous student number if applicable
If you encounter any difficulty uploading your documents you can scan and email them to email@example.com. Please include your online application reference number with any documents you are sending in by email or post.
The official application closing date for most of our courses is 30 June 2022. However, some programmes will remain open for applications beyond this date. Please check individual programme pages.
Accepting Your Offer
To guarantee your place on a programme, you must accept your offer and pay the minimum deposit required. Applicants who have received Conditional Offers must submit outstanding documents before being allowed onto their chosen programme. Any outstanding documents should be submitted before 15th July 2022.
To qualify for the EU Rate of Fees, you must meet ONE of the following criteria:
- You have completed 5 years education to Primary Level or Secondary Level in the EU/EEA/Switzerland but not been resident for 3 of the last 5 years, within the EU/EEA/Switzerland. OR
- You are ordinarily resident in the EU and have worked full-time in the EU for 3 of the 5 years immediately preceding admission OR
- You hold a passport from an EU state and have received full-time education in the EU for 3 of the 5 years immediately preceding admission.
- The period that Non-EU students are resident in Ireland on Study Visas does not contribute towards the residency requirement in relation to fee assessment at TU Dublin.
- Applicants on a Stamp 2 student visa are not eligible to study part-time in TU Dublin.
If you are from a Non-EU country but think you may qualify as an EU applicant, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before you make an application so that we can assess your status for fees. Application fees are non-refundable.
Our dedicated international office staff ensure that our international students are supported throughout their studies, so they can fully embrace university life in Dublin. With small class sizes, our students enjoy a close working relationship with their fellow students and academic supervisors. Visit the International pages on our website for further information.
Application fees are non-refundable, so if you are from a Non-EU country but think you may qualify as an EU applicant, please contact us at email@example.com before you make an application so that we can assess your status for fees.
- If this is your first TU Dublin, you will need to create a new account. Click "New Account" and follow the on-screen instructions. Your account can be used to make multiple applications. If you create a new account each time you make a new application you will be asked to pay the €50 application fee again. Keep a record of your username and password as these will be needed to make additional applications and to accept offers.
- If you have already created an account, Click "Sign in" using your username and password. If you have forgotten your password, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reset it for you.
- If you have started your application but are not ready to submit it, click the "save and exit" button. You can re-access your application later by following the same steps as before and sign in with your username and password to proceed.
- Your online application must be completed in full before you click the "submit" button. Once your application has been submitted you will not be able to alter or add to it. Please take time to read the instructions on each page.