The Safety, Health and Welfare (SHW) Office for Technological University Dublin, promotes a culture of safety and health in partnership with the University community to support education and research. SHW provides regulatory updates, support and counsel to the President, University Executive Team, University SHW Steering committee, SHW Campus Safety committees, management and staff on matters relating to safety, health and welfare.
We support teaching, learning and research activities at Technological University Dublin by promoting a safe and healthy campus environment. We facilitate risk assessments to eliminate and reduce risks. We recommend measures to ensure that all campus users who may be affected by our activities, are not exposed to risks, injury or ill health.
- Be approachable, responsive, professional and courteous.
- Provide high quality services in a timely manner.
- Provide quality services by:
- understanding individual needs;
- striving for excellence;
- fostering a solution-oriented capability focusing on finding rapid resolutions to challenges;
- supporting technological and innovative advances;
- understanding our role in governance and compliance;
- measuring our effectiveness; and
- learning from experience.
- Be honest, fair, ethical, consistent, and reliable.
- Act as ambassadors of safety, health and welfare responsibility.
- Find creative ways to solve problems.
- Learn from our campus community and beyond; adapt innovative ideas to meet the needs of the university.
- Treat everyone in the University community equitably with dignity, courtesy and respect.
- Make training, consultations and services accessible and understandable.
- Focus on partnering rather than policing health, safety and compliance.
- Foster robust relationships with our stakeholders.
- Continuously support and encourage professional development of SHW staff to expand technical expertise and knowledge.
- Support the Strategic Plan and focus on the three pillars of People, Planet and Partnership.
Our services will be respected throughout all areas of SHW responsibility, particularly within the research community, and will be nationally recognised as a model of health and safety partnership. We will create and maintain a supportive work environment where we can achieve our full potential, recognise and celebrate our achievements, acknowledge our shortcomings and welcome change as means for continual improvement.
We are committed to a safe working and learning environment at Technological University Dublin. Learn more about our services in the Safety Hub Section.
We use our reporting section for:
See it, Say it, Sort it!