NewsatGROWTHhub 1. President Challenge Winners, 2. Interview with Vincent Cleary (Glenisk MD), and 3. GROWTHhub activities
We hope you all had a great reading week last week.
Welcome to our NEWS at GROWTHhub. In this issue you can:
- Explore! Last week TU Dublin President's Sustainability Innovation Challenge!
- Get inspired! Hear Vincent Cleary (Glenisk MD) talking about his entrepreneurial journey.
- Learn! GROWTHhub activities are coming up.
1. Explore: TU Dublin President’s Sustainability Innovation Challenge
Thanks for all the students that participated in the inaugural TU Dublin President’s Sustainability Innovation Challenge last week. We had 14 amazing teams who came up with fabulous ideas on how to reduce household food waste. Well done to all. You were a fabulous group to work with.
Across the day the groups were led by the GROWTHhub facilitator Shachi Parmar to apply a range of ideation tools (including LEGO) to the challenge:
Pictures taken by Fionn from @stlr_tudublin_ (Thanks Fionn & STLR for such fabs pictures)
The winners are:
- 1stplace, with a prize of €1,000: Project Food (team 14) - Congratulations to Alec Keane, Alexander Nuzum, Igor Alekhnovych and Sanat Thukral
- 2ndPlace, with a prize of €500: b-eco-me (team 3) – Congratulations to Adedayo Oshindele, Johana Plecita, Lenny Sanches & Margarita Filatova.
- 3rdPlace, with a prize of €500: VibeCo (team 10) – Congratulations to Egin Jensen, Enzo Corsini, Stefan Armando Ciobanu & Valentin Valev.
You can see more photos of the event at our ‘Hackathon’ story highlight in our Instagram account.
2. Get inspired: Talks at GROWTHhub – Interview with Vincent Cleary (Glenisk MD)
Vincent Cleary, Managing Director of Glenisk Vincent tells his entrepreneurial story from being the ‘bottle washer’ to Managing Director of Glenisk. We hope you enjoy our chat with Vincent.
3. Learn: GROWTHhub activities coming up:
Here are some GROWTHhub activities happening this semester you may be interested in:
- Talks at GROWTHhub live event(our first in-person Talks at GROWTHhub live event) at the end of November will see former TU Dublin students that went straight from University to the world of entrepreneurship talk about their experiences. More details coming soon.
- Our Venture Lab (idea to pitch) & Social Venture Lab (idea to social impact) programmes kicked off this week. We can still take some latecomers so if you are interested to participate, please complete the application form and email us.
Find out about other GROWTHhub activities here: www.tudublin.ie/growthhub/students.
The GROWTHhub Team
Technological University Dublin
Find out more at tudublin.ie/growthhub or follow us in Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.