Student Ambassadors for 2022/23
TU Dublin is seeking applications from enthusiastic and reliable students to become Student Ambassadors for the University. There are two roles to choose from:
1. Orientation Leaders - One Month Contract (September 2022)
The Orientation Leaders will welcome new students to the campus, and make the TU Dublin Orientation more engaging, and more student-centered, with student volunteers available to show new students around. Orientation will take place on the week beginning Monday, September 26th. Rosters will be arranged to work around volunteers’ work and academic commitments. Orientation will take place during a teaching week for returning students.
2. Student Ambassador - Ten Month Contract (September 2022 - June 2023)
The Student Ambassador Programme provides an opportunity for current TU Dublin students to develop leadership, teamwork and communication skills while providing a valuable service to the university and to prospective students. Primarily, the role involves working with us to promote the university at a range of events throughout the year. Duties may include:
- Campus Tours: Provide campus tours (of your campus) to prospective students and visitors.
- Student Recruitment: Attend recruitment events such as TU Dublin Open Days, Higher Options (RDS), World Skills Ireland (RDS) and other large events.
- School Visits: Join the University’s School Liaison Team and visit your former school/FETAC college to talk about your TU Dublin experience.
- Focus Groups: Participate in student focus groups/workshops.
- Unibuddy: Become a Digital Student Ambassador on Unibuddy, our online platform which allows online chat with prospective students.
This is an extremely flexible role with the number of hours varying from month to month. We allow students to work as much as they feel able, fitting in with course work and exam schedules. As well as gaining excellent experience for your CV, the following benefits are available:
- Hourly pay at a rate of €10.50
- TU Dublin Pack, including Hoodie, T-shirt, Notebooks, Pens etc.
- Ambassadors on a ten month contract will also receive a TU Dublin Jacket
- Certificate of participation and letter of reference
- Training will be provided
Who would this suit?
We are looking for registered TU Dublin students with the following characteristics:
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledgeable about their campus and course
- Able to work as a team member
- Friendly and approachable
- Polite and professional
- Respectful of others
- Flexible and adaptable
- Plenty of initiative
- Reliable and punctual
- Involvement in student life – Clubs, Socs, Students' Union, Peer Mentoring, Volunteering, etc. – would be desirable
How to Apply
Applications have now closed but will reopen later in the year.
Student Ambassador Contracts
Student Ambassador Contracts are completed online using DocuSign. Watch this video guide on how to complete your contract.