Mission of Technology Services
The mission of Technology Services is to deliver and support a rich set of technology services that are customer focussed and which will contribute to its vision of transforming university life through the use of digital technologies and services. Our goal is to provide a customer focussed service, adding value through simple and innovation solutions via a secure, reliable, sustainable, flexible and accessible, cloud first, mobile centric approach to service design and delivery.
Vision for Technology Services
Informed by the Academic Vision, Technology Services will support and enable research and academic excellence via well architected, integrated, enterprise technology solutions – the foundation of our new digital campus. The new digital campus will ignore traditional boundaries and enable TU Dublin to achieve a global reach, creating a collaborative virtual environment of connected and engaged students with the ability to learn anytime and anywhere. Secure, reliable, agile, and easy to use technology will be embedded to support and enable all activities of the University. Our vision is aligned with the 2030 Strategic Objective of having an “agile, technology-enabled, modern university, that facilitates learners in an advanced digital world.”
Guiding principles to support the fulfilment of the vision
- Mission first: Technology Services exists to support the academic vision of a single, globally-connected university designed to bring the best of TU Dublin together so as to create a better world together
- Digital by default: To ensure alignment with the public service ICT strategy objective of digital first. Technology Services will design digital services around the needs of all our stakeholders
- Data is an asset and a shared resource. Through the development of an effective data strategy and architecture, the use of data dictionaries, uniformity of systems and data capture, and other initiatives, Technology Services will significantly enhance the University’s business intelligence and ability to make informed business decisions
- Keeping skills and knowledge current: Technology Services recognises our staff are key to our success and will promote a culture of innovative thinking and continuous developmental learning to attract and retain our team in enhancing University excellence.
- User-centric delivery model: We will anticipate and respond to user needs, seek input, and aspire to the ease of usability and ubiquity of essential services. Our IT Business Partners will span the boundary between stakeholders and Technology Services to build up the relationship, and to serve as their advocate
- Data privacy by design: Technology Services will play a leadership role in the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the data entrusted in our care, using a layered security model, fit for purpose hosting solutions, and by supporting an increased awareness in information security