Laptop Loan Scheme 2023
Applications are now open for the Laptop Loan Scheme.
As part of the package of support for higher and further education institutions, the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science has allocated funding to support disadvantaged students in the higher education sector in accessing ICT (Information and Communications Technology) devices.
To ensure that these laptops are provided to those students in greatest immediate need, applications will be scored on the basis of current economic disadvantage combined with one or more socio-economic category.
Who is eligible?
Full-time undergraduate and postgraduate students from 1st year to final year; and Part-time students on a full undergraduate or postgraduate programme who meet the criteria in categories 1 and 2 below:
1. Economic Disadvantage (Low Household Income) – all applicants
- Combined household income less than €49,840 – financial documentation required
- HEAR/Access TU Dublin/Reach students and students who submit SUSI documentation indicating 100% grant (full fees paid by SUSI) do not have to submit financial supporting documentation.
2. Students from one of the target groups identified in the National Plan for Equity of Access to Higher Education
- Students disadvantaged by Socio-economic barriers:
- Students who were in the Care of the State (TUSLA)
- Students who were homeless in last 3 years
- Students who entered via access entry routes such as HEAR, Access TU Dublin
- Travellers and Roma Community
- Students with disabilities (students who entered via DARE or eligible to register with the disability service)
- Students who are lone parents
- Disadvantaged first time mature students
- Disadvantaged students who are members of ethnic minorities
- Disadvantaged students who hold further education qualifications
- Other - i.e. I do not fit into these categories, but I have other socio-economic disadvantages not listed and can upload supporting documentation
- Non-EU fee-paying international students
- Incoming Erasmus students
- Part-time students taking single modules/courses which do not lead to a full award
Students who borrowed a laptop from the Laptop Loan Scheme and who are due to complete their programme of study in May 2024 must return their laptops and charger by August 28th to the Library location that allocated the device.
Once your assignments have been handed in and you have finished your exams, please return the laptop and charger. This means that the laptop can be reconfigured and allocated to another student who finds themselves, like you did, in need of a device but without the means to purchase their own.
The link below is a quick guide to assist you reset your laptop:
TU Dublin Laptop Reset (pdf)