Student Enterprise at TU Dublin
Exposing students to opportunities to develop entrepreneurial skills, traits and behaviours as well as opportunities to grow their ideas from concept through to commercialization is an important offering at TU Dublin. We support these ambitions through a series of integrated supports offered across the three campuses of the University.
Find out more about our range of supports below:
Synergy Student Innovation Awards 2019/20
The Synergy Student Innovation Award is the student entrepreneurship and incubation programme run from October to March each year facilitated and delivered by TU Dublin Synergy Centre. The programme is located in the Synergy Centre on the TU Dublin Tallaght Campus and is generously sponsored and supported by South Dublin Local Enterprise Office.
The Awards encourage students in exploring their innovative ideas and business potential and bringing them to fruition. Teams are particularly welcome. Through workshops and engagement the programme is designed to expand the enterprise skills and entrepreneurial mind-set of TU Dublin students.
Commencing with an awareness campaign in September, students have until the end of October to submit their idea. All the proposals are then reviewed by an experienced team of mentors to identify a shortlist of several finalists who then undergo workshops during December and January. The workshops in Market Research, Business Canvas, Business Plans and Pitching Skills help refine the business model and it’s potential. The programme concludes In March with a showcase day. Finalists are encouraged to then enter Enterprise Ireland’s Student Entrepreneur Awards.
We offer support to student entrepreneurs at any stage of development and from any college or school in TU Dublin.
Why Should I Apply?
- Each finalist team receives a minimum investment of €1,000 paid on successful completion of the programme. On showcase day additional prizes are on offer for Best Business Plan, Video Presentation and Overall Business Idea
- Business & Marketing Training valued at over €10,000.
- Access to Purpose built Training Rooms and Speciality Spaces including incubation space
- Specialised training from highly experienced mentors and guest companies.
- Opportunity to pitch in front of potential investors and experienced entrepreneurs.
- Gain proximity to in-house consultants, research teams, start-up companies and incubators onsite in the Synergy Centre.
For More information Contact Rory McNeill rory.mcneill@TUDublin.ie
If you are a student of TU Dublin, you can pitch your business idea for the opportunity to work with the Enterprise Garage, create your own business and become your own Boss.
We provide you with a fantastic co-working space at The LINC for you to work on your Idea, a series of practical workshops and master classes and a chance to pitch to a panel of industry experts.
We are open to meeting all kinds of businesses from fashion, childcare and fitness, to products apps and software, the list is endless.
This co-curricular programme will help you learn to think like an entrepreneur, building on your capacity to identify opportunities, assess the commercial feasibility of opportunities, develop, share and communicate ideas and increase your creative confidence. You will also learn how to develop out a business concept from idea through to business pitch and beyond.
These creative problem-solving skills will be of immense benefit to those who wish to pursue a business idea as well as those who wish to enter the workforce, equipped with these in-demand skills.
Join us and learn to:
- Ideate and use design-thinking principles to generate concepts
- Identify and critically evaluate business ideas
- Validate concepts with customers, with the market and financially
- Learn to develop business models and revenue models
- Communicate concepts in a compelling way
- Grow community, network and build a team
All that matters is that you have the passion to succeed and are willing to work hard. We will provide everything else.
Programme One: Monday May 25th 2020 – Monday May 8th 2020
(Open to all TU Dublin Students)
Programme Two: Monday June 8th 2020 – Friday June 19th 2020
(Open to all TU Dublin Students & International Partner College Students)
More Info: Colm Ó Maolmhuire Colm.OMaolmhuire@TUDublin.ie
I-Cubed now open for applications for 2020 Student Enterprise and Incubation Programme
What is I-Cubed?
I-Cubed is the student entrepreneurship and incubation programme run during the summer month’s facilitated and delivered by TU Dublin Hothouse. Established in 2016, I-Cubed has grown from the initial four company participants up to ten teams for 2020. The programme is located in the Greenway Hub on the TU Dublin Grangegorman Campus and is kindly sponsored and supported by TU Dublin Hothouse.
I-Cubed encourages students in exploring their potential business / product ideas and bringing them to fruition. I-Cubed is dedicated to expanding the enterprise skills and entrepreneurial mind-set of TU Dublin students. We offer support to student entrepreneurs at any stage of development and from any college or school in TU Dublin. We are dedicated in turning student ideas into a reality; just ask our previous participants.
Why Should I Apply?
- Each team will receive Capital Investment of between €4,000 and €5,000 to be paid throughout the programme.
- Marketing and PR services including media and digital training valued at over €10,000 respectively.
- Receive Limited Edition Welcome Packs valued at €100 per person.
- Access to Purpose built Training Rooms and Speciality Spaces.
- Allocated Free Incubation and Office Space.
- Specialised training from national and international mentors and guest companies.
- Opportunity to pitch in front of potential investors and future funders.
- Chance to win the coveted I-Cubed Student Prize at the annual Student Enterprise Competition in September.
- Gain proximity to in-house consultants, research teams, start-up companies and incubators onsite in the Greenway Hub.
Prize Pack valued over €15,000 for every team.
To apply please click here