Within the FOCAS Research Institute we have dedicated laboratories for chemical synthesis and materials analysis. We also share characterisation facilities in the FOCAS Research Institute with other research centres with whom we collaborate.
We have a dedicated Exposure Laboratory situated within the TU Dublin Aungier St campus, a short walk away. These are used exclusively for industrial research and complete confidentiality can be guaranteed.
We operate and maintain several high specification instruments and equipment suites as detailed below:
View further information on FOCAS Equipment
- FT-IR spectroscope
- UV/VIS/NIR Spectrometer
- Luminescence Spectrometer
- Raman spectroscope
- Raman spectroscope with dual upright and inverted microscopes
- Atomic Force Microscope
- Particle sizer
In addition, CREST has access to several high specification instruments and equipment suites including the following:
- Spectroscopy equipment at the School of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Spectroscopy
- Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometer
- Atomic Spectroscopy