Tel: +353 1 220 6910
- Obtained a PhD in the area of adhesively bonded carbon-fibre polymer composites from UCD in 2010
- Research Fellow in the Irish Centre for Composites Research (IComp)
- Moved to industry and worked on a diverse range of R&D projects across multiple sectors and developed / commercialised novel metal coatings for the space, aerospace & automotive sectors
- Joined CREST in 2019
- Currently working on a range of industrial and R&D projects
- These include adhesion of medical device coatings, erosion protection of wind turbine blades and novel coatings for 3D printed parts.
Bullet point skills, e.g.
- Experienced engineer / scientist with expertise in composite materials, adhesive joints & surface treatments / coatings
- Broad experience in a range of mechanical testing and surface characterisation techniques
- Manages large-scale industrial / academic R&D collaborations
- Significant industrial experience in the space, aerospace, automotive & medical device sectors.