Course Title: Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Science with Nanotechnology
2023 CAO Points: 328
Leaving Certificate Requirements
Minimum Number of
Minimum Grade in
English OR Irish
|Other Grade Requirements|
|At least H4 in one of: Physics, Chemistry, Physics & Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Agricultural Science, Engineering, Technical Drawing, Technology or Design & Communication Graphics.|
QQI/FET Award Required
1 OF THE FOLLOWING AWARDS:
5 DISTINCTIONS TO INCLUDE A DISTINCTION IN:
C20139 / 5N1833 Mathematics
|Level 6: Full level 6 award in a relevant discipline|
In addition to the QQI minimum entry requirements, QQI quotas and QQI points apply. The max QQI points awarded is 390. Further details at www.tudublin.ie/qqi
Applications from mature students (23+) are welcome. Further details at www.tudublin.ie/mature
English Language Requirements
If English is not your first language you will need to provide evidence of your English language proficiency as detailed on our website. Applicants for this course should have a minimum IELTS (Academic Version) English Proficiency of 6 overall (or equivalent) with nothing less than 6 in each component.
Nanoscience is the study of very small-things on a nanometer scale (one thousandth millionth of a metre). This is the scale of large molecules like plastics or proteins.
Nanotechnology includes the techniques used to create structures on a scale below 100 nm, which can be used in new generations of electronics, sensors and computer chips.
Many of today’s global challenges in the environment and health can be addressed by nanotechnology intervention. Nanoscience and nanotechnology are built upon chemistry and physics. This degree is a solid science degree (physics and chemistry) but with a unique focus on nanoscience and nanotechnology.
TU855 is a full-time course which typically requires student attendance each weekday. The school is exploring sustainable approaches to the delivery of all programmes. Our ambition is that elements of remote learning will be integrated over time into the programme in a controlled and quality assured manner to meet the highest standards in sustainable educational provision.
Students have the opportunity to undertake a work placement in a relevant industry during Year 3.
Graduate Job Titles:
- Lab Technician
- Pharmaceutical Product Manager
- Production Engineer
- Scientific Officer
- BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.
- Financial Sector
- Innopharma Technology
- Lotus Works
- Kinetics and Electrochemistry
- Bond & Reactivity Inorganic Chemistry
- Materials, Bio-structures and Spectroscopy A
- Organic Chemistry and Spectroscopy
- Mathematics for the Physical Sciences II
- Mathematics for the Physical Sciences III
- Physics Theory II
- Physics Laboratory Stage II
- Introductory Nanoscience and Nanotoxicology /Computational Studies
- Surface Chemistry & Photochemistry
- Advanced Inorganic Topics
- Advanced Analytical Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical and Solid State Analysis
- Pharma Manufacturing & Environmental H& S
- Solid State Physics 1 (Condensed Matter)
- Electronics & Instrumentation 1
- Thermal Physics
- Ionising Radiation & Nuclear Physics
- Solid State Physics II
- Lasers, Optical Communication & Applications
- Final Year Project/Invention, Innovation and Commercialisation
- Nanoelectronics and Nanophotonics
- Advanced Nanotechnology Topics
I enjoyed the course from start to end.
Great hands-on experience with plenty of lab practice and a work placement.
Staff are friendly and helpful and know their nano.