Full-Time Undergraduate Fees
For 2022/23 a charge of €3,000 is payable by each student to cover essential student services.
European EU Fees
European Union nationals attending full-time undergraduate courses are normally only required to pay the student contribution as described above.
However, the following EU nationals will be liable for the total annual fees as per the table below:
- EU nationals who have not been resident in an EU member state for 3 of the past 5 years,
- EU nationals who are following a second or subsequent third-level course, depending on the type and duration of the previous course attended.
Fees are set annually by the Department of Education & Skills.
|EU Fees - 2022/2023||Total Fees (incl Student Contribution)|
|Undergraduate Higher Certificate (Level 6)||€3,250|
|Undergraduate Ordinary Degree (Level 7)||€3,250|
|Undergraduate Engineering Honours Degree (Level 8)||€4,450|
|Undergraduate Other Honours Degree (Level 8)||€3,819|
In order to assist students in paying student fees, the following payment options are in place for undergraduate full time programmes:
- Option 1: Full Payment of Student Contribution & Tuition (if applicable) on Registration.
- Option 2: Pay in Instalments.
First Instalment: 25% of fees due on Registration.
Second Instalment: A further 25% of fees due by 31st October 2022.
Third Instalment: Balance of fees due by 31st January 2023.
- Option 3: If you have applied for a Student Grant through SUSI.
You are not required to make payment at this time pending a decision on your application. You are required to submit your SUSI (W...) reference when completing your Online Registration.
|You might find it convenient to make payments on a Weekly, Fortnightly or Monthly basis ensuring that your percentage payments due are paid by the due dates.|
Non Payment Penalties /Non Submission of SUSI Reference
- First Instalment: Non-compliance will result in no Computer Access/Moodle or Student Email on course commencement.
- Second Instalment: Non-compliance will result in loss of Computer Access/Moodle & Student Email with effect from 31st October.
- Third Instalment: Non-compliance will result in loss of Computer Access/Moodle & Student Email with effect from 31st January
Examination Results will be withheld until fees are paid in full.
Withdrawing from Your Programme
Information on Withdrawing from Your Programme.
Refunds are normally issued in the following circumstances:
- Where a full time student pays their student contribution fee and are subsequently awarded a third level grant; in this instance the student contribution fee will be refunded to the amount awarded.
- Official withdrawal from course by 31st October:
- Full time students - a full refund of fees paid
- Part time & Postgraduate students - a refund of fees paid less Course Acceptance Fee
- Official withdrawal from course between 31st October and 31st January:
- Student is liable for half the course fees. Any payment in excess may be refunded.
- After 31st January - No refunds will be made.