Technology Services - Roadmap for 2024
As the academic year draws to a close Technology Services would like to inform you of some enhancements and changes for the coming academic year 23-24 and some projects and initiatives successfully delivered in the past year.
Highlights Launching for 23-24
New TU Dublin Single Domain
- What does this mean to me?
The new domain will allow staff and students log on to IT Resources with a single identity across campus’s. There will no longer be a need for campus specific accounts.
Student Experience Transformation (SET) - Banner 9
- Business need: To replace obsolete Student Record Management System (SRMS) x3 with a single fit-for-purpose solution
- Objective: A more supportive and flexible learning journey for students
- Deliverable: One SRMS for TU Dublin to enable a new University education model
- Go live: July 2023 (Banner 9 upgrades for Tallaght and Blanchardstown)
Successfully Delivered in 22-23
- Consolidated University IT Service Management Solution (Ivanti)
- University Network Convergence - Central & East Quad
- University Network Convergence - Park House
- Upgrade of Student ID Card system
- Unified Communications
- COREHR & Payroll Unification
- Azure Virtual Desktop Pilot
- ERP (Financials)
- TU Dublin Wide Area Network
- Identity Management - Phase 1
- Microsoft Defender
- ICT Policies