Student Volunteering is a great way of contributing to society. You get a lot in terms of career development and it's good for you to give back - you'll get that feel good factor and experience new things.
Why get involved?
- Do you want to make a positive difference during your time at TU Dublin?
- Would you like to meet like-minded students, make friends?
- Are you interested in developing team working and leadership skills and building your confidence?
Student Volunteering is a great way of achieving all this while contributing back to society.
Whether you have one free afternoon each term or you can give an entire evening each week, we will work with your schedule and match you up with the right opportunities.
Volunteering at TU Dublin was one of the most valuable experiences and memories I've had.
- Emma McNulty, TU Dublin Alumnus
Advice, Support, Training
Operating within the TU Dublin Societies Office, we recognise that our students are talented and genuinely want to make positive change in the world. Our Student Volunteering programme is here to provide you with the necessary advice, training and support so that you can safely engage in a wide range of opportunities on campus and off campus.
We will encourage and facilitate you to reflect on your learning through volunteering and help you to communicate your experiences to future employers and demonstrate your skills effectively.
TU Dublin Student Volunteering works closely with our Careers teams and Chaplaincy service to provide our students with great opportunities to engage and develop throughout the academic year.
Find out more:
- Are you a Student Rep for your course?
- Are you a Peer Mentor?
- Are you interested in completing your Gaisce?
- Are you a Society of Sports Club Committee Member?
- Are you involved in another volunteering initiative or project that you would like to discuss and log your hours for, and gain support and recognition from TU Dublin?
Whether that is giving your time unpaid to help your own local community, volunteering as a committee member with your student society or sports club, through your TU Dublin course or even online through micro-volunteering. We are here to help you get the most from your volunteering experiences, whatever they are.
Send any questions or suggestions that you might have to Claire at email@example.com.
Find out what opportunities are out there for you on our Student Volunteering website: www.studentvolunteer.ie/TUDublin