As part of Local Enterprise Week 2023, TU Dublin, in association with the four Dublin area Local Enterprise Offices (Dublin City, Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown, Fingal, South Dublin) are delighted to sponsor this pitch competition to find Dublin’s most exciting start-up.
- 6 months of free office space*
- *The office space is for up to 4 persons & can be based at one of the three campuses of TU Dublin (Blanchardstown, Grangegorman, or Tallaght).
The deadline to enter your start-up business into the pitch competition has now passed.
The deadline to apply to the pitch competition has now passed.
- Register your interest:
- Check your eligibility
- Complete this form
- Confirm your acceptance of the competition terms and conditions
- Press submit
- Will will contact you about how to submit your competition application pitch video
- This must be uploaded by 11:00 AM (GMT) on Monday, 20th February, 2023
- The Six shortlisted finalists will be notified by 5:00 PM (GMT) on Thursday, 23rd February, 2023
- Finalists must be available to pitch, in person in the TU Dublin Concert Hall, on the Grangegorman Campus on the morning of Tuesday, March 7th, 2023
Don't forget to get your free tickets to the Pitch Perfect final
This competition is open to applicants who meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Is a registered TU Dublin student
- Is currently completing, or has previously completed, an Entrepreneurship programme with TU Dublin (e.g. New Frontiers)
- Is registered with the CRO (as a limited company) and is based in Dublin City, Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown, Fingal or South Dublin
- Is registered as a client with a Local Enterprise Office in Dublin City, Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown, Fingal or South Dublin
- Is based in Dublin City, Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown, Fingal or South Dublin
Note: Other Terms and Conditions apply.
- The Start-up must have received less than €50,000 Euro of external investment or government funding to date (received or committed).
- The Start- up must have less than €100K total sales to date.
- The Start-up is not more than 3 years old.
- The Start-up consents to the application information & video being shared with TU Dublin staff and 3rd parties involved in the organisation & delivery of the pitch event.
- If shortlisted for the live final, the start-up consents to pitching live to an invited panel and a general audience (not subject to an NDA).
- Disclosure of commercially sensitive data or intellectual property during the course of the event is at the discretion of the entrant. Organisers are not liable for any resulting loss.
- The Start-up consents to the event being recorded (whether officially or unofficially on personal devices by audience members).
- The Start-up consents to participate in publicity/media activities prior, during and after the event.
- Proposals that are considered unethical or excluded from normal funding criteria for Local Enterprise Offices (or Enterprise Ireland) will not be considered (e.g. gambling, property development, etc.).
- Applicants warrant that the project proposal is their own work, and they are not representing a third party.
- Your business must be owned or controlled in Ireland. You may be asked to provide your CRO number (if incorporated) or PPS number (if no company has been registered).
- You must have an Irish personal or company bank account, to which any prize money can be transferred.
- The offer of free office space is only available during the period of 1st May to 31st Oct 2023.
- Cash equivalents or other substitutions are not available for any non-cash award.
- Organisers reserve the right to withdraw finalists or withhold prizes in the event that false or incorrect information are provided at any stage during the competition process.
- The decision of the shortlisting panel and judging panel at the live pitch is final.
After you have registered your interest, you will receive an email with instructions on how to submit your application video pitch. The videos should only be submitted in .MP4 format.
Four one Minute (maximum) videos are required. These should be named with the prefix 1-4 followed by an underscore and your name (Firstname_Surname).
The video content is up to you. You can include Powerpoint type slides, animated videos with voiceovers or just you presenting your business.
In your videos you must address the following four topics. Your application will be assessed on how well you address the three considerations listed for each.
1. What is the product or service? (1 minute)
- Description of the product or service, including the USP.
- What is innovative about it?
- What is the stage of development?
2. Who will be paying for your product/ service? (1 minute)
- Describe the customer you plan to/ are selling to first
- What is the market opportunity in terms of the domestic market and globally?
- What are the products and services they are using now? (i.e. competition)
3. How will you make money and scale? (1 minute)
- How much do you charge a customer (unit price)?
- How much can you sell in a full year?
- How much funding do you need and what will you spend it on?
4. Tell us about the start-up team: (1 minute)
- Tell us about the founding team, their expertise and experience.
- Why are you passionate about this business idea?
- What key skills do you need to add to the team (team members or advisors)?