Postgraduate Research Student
Tel: +353 87 099 3048
PHD Project Title: Hydrophilic Coating Failure Analysis of Medical Device Coatings
- Started in CREST in March 2020 as an undergraduate student
- Carried out a final year thesis investigating modified sol-gel solutions for anti-scratch coatings
- Commenced postgraduate research in CREST in September 2020
- Collaborating with an Multi-National Corporation investigating actuating surfaces and the resulting surface topography
- Collaborating with a medical device manufacturer in exploring lubricious polyurethane coatings and evaluating the failure mechanisms exhibited by soft medical device coatings in use.
Bullet point skills, e.g.
- BSc in Chemical Sciences with Medicinal Chemistry
- Surface Coating Analysis
- Sol-gel processing
- Industrial collaborations – MNC's and various Medical Device Manufacturers
Research Profile: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Aaron-Byrne-3