Research Biomaterials Scientist
Tel: +353 89 968 0595
- Holds a PhD degree in Biomaterial Science (TU Dublin, Ireland , 2019)
- Multidisciplinary experience in sol-gel synthesis, fabrication of biocompatible coatings for biomedical implants (synthetic and bio-polymers), electrochemistry, corrosion science, cell biology, molecular biology and microbiology
- Member of a multidisciplinary team undertaking experimental research and developing innovative medical devices
- Participated in collaborative projects with academia (e.g. Trinity College Dublin and Waterford Institute of Technology) and industrial partners (CrannMed and Stryker Orthopedics)
- Conducts research in biomaterials such as biocompatible polymers, biodegradable metals and biomimetic materials and their applications in orthopedic and vascular implants.
Bullet point skills:
- Experienced biomaterial scientist > 8 years
- Intellectual property (IP) development
- Product development process (vascular and orthopedic medical devices)
- Industrial and academic collaborations.
Research Profile: Sankalp Agarwal, PhD - Google Scholar